It takes a lot of willpower for me to avoid sugar, sweets, and all the bad things to eat but taste so good! Part of being disciplined when it comes to fitness is choosing the right diet and although it is very difficult to avoid free donuts in the breakroom, or co-workers offering you chocolates for snacks, sometimes we just have to tell yourself no. When you train your body at the gym, you also have to train your body how to eat right. Here are my top five healthy office snacks to choose from.
1. RAW ALMONDS – Almonds contains protein and healthy fats. They are also rich in vitamins and antioxidant. Have a handful, but don’t eat a whole bag in one day. (HEALTHY OFFICE SNACKS)
2. PROTEIN SHAKE – Protein is a great snack, especially, when you are recovering from a previous workout. I drink protein as a meal replacement. Choose a protein shake with less sugar and carbs but high in protein. (HEALTHY OFFICE SNACKS)
3. OATS – It contains high amount of fiber, nutrients and low calories. If you are on a weight loss diet, oats is a good option. Oats will keep you full! (HEALTHY OFFICE SNACKS)
4. RICE CAKES – I use to hate rice cakes because it felt like I was eating a piece of styrofoam. A friend of mine feeds on rice cake whenever she gets the craving for sweets and now she is a bodybuilder competitor! She said rice cakes gives her energy because of the carbs. It is also low in calories. To add protein in the mix, I usually eat it with peanut butter. (HEALTHY OFFICE SNACKS)
5. GREEK YOGURT – I eat greek yogurt because of potassium. Potassium helps lower blood pressure. I learned that from my doctor. Greek yogurt is also rich in amino acids which makes up the protein. (HEALTHY OFFICE SNACKS)
Follow me on Social Media